The Lincoln – Lancaster County Health Department reports 61 new cases of COVID-19 Tuesday bringing the total number of cases to 29,909. The total number of deaths is at 228. Recoveries are now at 26,828. No data regarding the positivity rate from April 3rd through the 6th is available. The rate for March 27th through April 2nd was 4.9%
There are 27 people hospitalized with 22 from Lancaster County (one on a ventilator) and five from other communities (none on ventilators).
- Initiated vaccinations (first doses): 117,896
- Completed vaccinations (second doses and J&J vaccine): 73,245
This week’s large-scale clinics:
- Wednesday, April 7, Pinnacle Bank Arena – first doses for residents age 49 and older
- Thursday, April 8, Pinnacle Bank Arena – second doses for residents age 63 and older, educators, and childcare providers
- Friday, April 9, Pinnacle Bank Arena – second doses for residents age 63 and older, educators, and childcare providers
- Saturday, April 10, Pinnacle Bank Arena – first dose clinic for manufacturing and food service workers
Registration: An online COVID-19 vaccine registration form for Lancaster County residents is available at COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov. Those who do not have online access or who need assistance may call LLCHD’s COVID-19 hotline at 402-441-8006 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays to register. The vaccine is not yet available for the general public. As vaccine doses become available, those who are registered will be given an appointment to be vaccinated. Appointments for vaccinations are dependent on vaccine supply and are not related to the order in which people register.
Drive-through testing is available from:
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Autumn Ridge Family Medicine, 5000 North 26th St. and Southwest Family Health, 1240 Aries Drive. Call either site to schedule an appointment: Autumn Ridge, 402-435-5300 and South West Family, 402-420-1300.
- Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., north parking lot of the former Sears store. Tests are conducted from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. For more information, call 402-207-9377
Testing is also available without an appointment at the three Bryan Urgent Care locations, 7501 S. 27th St., 5901 N. 27th St. and 4333 S. 86th St. To check wait times, call 402-481-6343.